Sunday, October 17, 2010

Officially 25... & Looking forward to the next 4 years.

So I have officially hit the Quarter of a Century mark! I had a bunch of goals written down that I wanted to accomplish by the time I was 25, and have only accomplished a small portion. I guess that means I have plenty of time to dominate the others in the next 4 years. (= I had a great birthday this year. Josh had to work, so I took the opportunity to make myself happy. I didn't rely on anybody else and I was so at ease the entire day. My Grandma and been going to the dentist quite frequently over the past few months and I have been the one taking her. She had some problems with her new teeth, so on my birthday her and I went to the dentist. It was great to just spend time with her. I also treated myself to a manicure and pedicure, went to my favorite sushi place and just relaxed. I have to admit, that not having all of these high expectations of others (that I have had in the past) is the best way to celebrate a day. I think it is how I want to continue to live my life. I just need to take lots of deep breaths and let things flow... what is meant to be will always be and what isn't, won't happen no matter how much I stress and try to change it. I just can't begin to explain how happy I was on my birthday, Just letting it flow.
I also planned a birthday dinner to host all of my friends and family. We went to Maxwell's in Tacoma. They have great food and 'normally' spectacular service, however the night we were there they were short a server and overwhelmingly busy. I was a bit stressed because I wanted everything to go perfectly and it did not. I wish that I would have reminded myself to just let it flow, but I reverted back to my 'I want everything perfect' way. I didn't even take any pictures... I really think that everyone had a good time and even though some food was luke-warm it still tasted great.
Next year I hope to have just a low key celebration with my wonderful friends and most importantly, my family.

No comments: