Monday, November 10, 2008

Our First Post.


Here is some background information before I 'officially' get started on our new blog. =)
Josh and I started dating 07/17/2006, We met when I became a Volunteer Firefighter for Steilacoom Public Safety. Josh is one of the PSOs in Steilacoom and I immediately thought he was cute! It was like one of those little crushes that you don't tell anyone about, but I let it slip to Earl that I liked Josh... and being new to Steilacoom, I didn't understand how everyone knows everyone and also the small town life of everyone knows everything about everyone! So, needless to say I learned that very fast, oh-yea, and not to mention that Earl and Josh are really close friends from High School. Basically, my secret was out, but everything ended up working perfectly. Josh knew that I liked him, I would always be at the Station on my Shift Night, and Josh would always be working. =) Coincidence... We became friends and he helped me get the cakes for our Volunteer Fire Academy Graduation, and from there it is all history!

When I first started volunteering I lived in an apartment in Tacoma, my first place by myself. (It had it ups and downs.) Josh was living in Lakewood with Brian who works for Lakewood PD. Almost a year after we had been dating, Josh decided that he wanted his own house and decided to rent for a year in Steilacoom. I moved in a few months later, since it was pointless to pay rent for my apartment when I was hardly ever there anyways. We lived in this house for a year and then Josh bought a house for us in Lakewood. We have an amazing house, it is an older house, but there is so much potential that we can't wait to get started on all of our remodeling!
We recently got a new desk for our office and just last night started to put together the furniture for my Craft Room! Yes, I am having a craft room. =)
To be continued...

No comments: